Have you ever wanted to make tortilla soup in your Vitamix blender? Well, now you can with this awesome Vitamix tortilla soup demo recipe! This is one of the most popular blender soup recipes floating around right now. It’s delicious, it is easy to make, and you can complete the entire recipe in under 10 minutes.
If you are new to the concept of making soup in your blender, you are in for a serious treat. Nothing in this recipe is required to be cooked on the stovetop. This is fully completed in your blender, and it comes out ready to eat immediately.
Additionally, you can adapt the recipe based on ingredients that you have at hand. You can also top this soup with whatever toppings you want, such as cheese, fresh cilantro, sour cream, tortilla chips, and much more. And if you want the recipe to be 100% vegan, simply use vegetable broth and substitute the sour cream and cheese for your favorite vegan options.
We will first take a look at a fresh tortilla soup recipe, then move on to some more complicated recipes so that you have lots of fun options for your soup.
Fresh Tortilla Soup Recipe
This is a fantastic recipe involving all kinds of great healthy ingredients such as tomato, carrots, and celery. The best part is it takes no time at all to complete in your Vitamix blender, which is extremely powerful and can handle any kind of soup.
This recipe is a fan favorite in the winter, it makes an excellent evening snack, and you can even have it for lunch. If you would like to try some variations with this recipe, you can mix up your spices, add some onions or spinach into the mix, and even pile on avocado, sour cream, cheese, and a sprinkle of fresh lime juice for extra flavors.
While some people like adding chicken or turkey, it really isn’t necessary. This soup is a very filling meal and you won’t feel hungry even without the extra meat. Plus, adding meat means you will need to use the stove, and so far nothing in this recipe calls for cooking.
- 1 Roma Tomato
- 8 Baby Carrots
- 1 Celery Stalk
- 2 Cups Vegetable Broth (or Chicken)
- 1 Tablespoon Chipotle Puree
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Taco Seasoning
- 1/3 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/3 Green Bell Pepper
- ½ Cup Black Beans
- ½ Cup Canned Corn
- Squirt of Lime
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Crushed Tortilla Chips
- Avocado Slices
- Dashes of Salt & Pepper
- The first step is to place the first seven ingredients into the blender. This means the tomato, carrots, salary, 2 cups of broth, chipotle puree, clove garlic, and taco seasoning.
- The second step is to turn on your blender and let it run through the hot soup cycle. After about 6 minutes, you should notice steam leaving through the vented top of the blender.
- Cut your peppers into strips and add half of them into the blender, then blend again for 30 seconds.
- Pause to add the other half of the peppers into the blender, add the black beans and corn, and pulse the blender between 5 and 10 times until you have reached the perfect soup consistency. The soup should now be thick and creamy.
- The last step is to pour your soup into two bowls, sprinkle each with lime juice, then add your preferred toppings and enjoy your hot blender soup.
You may add tortilla chips into the blender mixture during the last step to pulse them. This is only if you are a fan of soggy chips. If not, you can simply dip your hard tortilla chips into the soup when it is finished.
- Should I add protein powder to my smoothie?
- Vitamix E320 review
- Do all Vitamix blenders make hot soup?
Bonus Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
This recipe is extremely similar to the first one, but it is a little bit more hectic with ingredients and involves some meat. While you can definitely make this meal in your Vitamix blender, you will need to cook the chicken beforehand and gather some additional ingredients.
You’ll notice this soup is a slightly yellowish color, which is mostly because of the yellow squash. It tastes extremely creamy, it will work as a full and satisfying meal, and your family will love it. If you don’t want to use chicken, feel free to substitute for turkey. And, feel free to add your own seasonings based on experience.
- 2 Cups Hot Water
- 1 Green Onion
- ¼ Green Pepper
- 1/3 Yellow Squash
- 1/3 Zucchini
- 1 Inch of Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Chicken Bouillon Cube
- 1 Carrot
- A Celery Stalk
- 2 Roma Tomatoes
- 1/3 Serrano Chili
- 1 Dash Cumin
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 3 Ounces Cooked Chicken Meat
- 3 Ounces Cooked Brown Rice
- 6 Black Olives, Sliced
- 3 Ounces Mexicorn
- 5 Ounces Black Beans
- There are definitely a lot of ingredients for this soup, but don’t let that stress you out. It is actually very easy. First, place the initial 13 ingredients into your Vitamix blender and blend on the highest speed for about 5 minutes. There is no need to peel any of the vegetables, and you can even leave the garlic skin on.
- After about 5 or 6 minutes, when your soup mixture has gotten hot and steamy, you can add the last five ingredients. Then you want to blend for about 10 seconds on the lowest variable speed. This will cut your chicken into nice pieces without mushing it.
- Next, you can divide the soup into bowls and enjoy the meal.
If you want your soup to be extremely hot, you can go ahead and run the Vitamix for 8 minutes instead of five. This will make your mixture extremely hot.