If you haven’t tried cold soup before, you are seriously missing out. There is nothing better in the summertime then a nice cold soup for dinner or just for a snack. Today we’re going to look at how to make all kinds of delicious cold soups with your Vitamix blender.
That’s right, you don’t need to boil anything, you don’t need to prepare any fancy ingredients, you just need a blender and some groceries. With these Vitamix cold soup recipes, simply mix and blend and you have an amazing meal for lunch, or as an appetizer for your next outdoor barbecue.
Read More: Best Vitamix blender for green smoothies
Zucchini Gazpacho Soup
Here is one of the best cold soups you can make using minimal ingredients. All you need is some fresh zucchini and cucumber, a few other easy ingredients, and you can make a thick and creamy gazpacho soup in your blender.
We will top this recipe off with some zucchini noodles and parmesan crisps for a bit of fun and flair. It only takes a few minutes to prepare the entire recipe, and then you can eat your meal out on the deck in the sun. Raw zucchini is one of the best summer vegetables, and we are really going to utilize it in this recipe.
If you want a little information on what gazpacho is, it is a cold soup that was first invented in Spain. It uses uncooked veggies, special seasonings, and some unique spices for an authentic flavor of traditional Spain. And while normal gazpacho uses tomato as a base, we are going to twist it up a bit with this recipe.
- 10oz Sliced Zucchini
- 6oz sliced cucumber
- 1/8 Cup Avocado Oil
- 8 Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1/2oz Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- ¼ Cup Sour Cream
- Zucchini Noodles
- Pea Shoots
- Parmesan Crisps
- Olive Oil
- First, you need to slice the zucchini and the cucumber and then put it into a blender.
- Next, add all the rest of the soup ingredients into your blender. If you are not going to eat the soup immediately after it’s ready, I highly suggest adding a handful of ice to keep the soup chilled.
- Now blend all the soup ingredients on pulse until you reach the perfect consistency.
- Once the soup is blended, pour into bowls and garnish with the garnish ingredients of zucchini noodles, pea shoots, parmesan crisps, and a light sprinkling of olive oil.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
Cold Cucumber Soup
Cold cucumber soup is a lunchtime favorite. This meal is light and fresh and great for using up all your yummy cucumbers. You can make it as an appetizer or as a full meal, and you can tweak it anyway you want.
Cucumbers are not often on the list of ingredients in soups and smoothies, which is a shame because these are an extremely great fruit, and they are nutrient-dense. They might not be as healthy as other fruit, but cucumbers do contain lots of nutrients, such as vitamin K, potassium, vitamin C, vitamin B1, magnesium, and even fiber. They are also rich in healthy antioxidants.
Another great thing about cucumbers is that they are low in calories. Because they are made almost entirely of water, cucumbers are great for hydrating you. This is handy as many of us forget to drink our appropriate amounts of water every day, and cucumbers are a great source of hydration. They are even good for helping people to lose weight.
- 2 Cucumbers
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 5 Fresh Basil Leaves
- 2 Green Onions
- 1 Sweet Apple
- Juice of ½ Lime
- Pinch of Salt
- Diced Cucumber
- Slivered Almonds
- Diced Red Pepper
- The first step is to blend all your soup ingredients at high speed until smooth and soupy. Be sure to add water or extra almond milk if you need to thin the soup.
- Next, refrigerate the soup for about 2 hours until it is perfectly chilled. Once it’s chilled, you can serve immediately with a nice garnish of diced cucumber, slivered almonds, and red peppers.
Cold Avocado Soup
The final soup on today’s list is going to be a rich and creamy avocado soup with spectacular crab and mango garnish. The soup is extremely original, it is refreshing, and it can be a fulfilling meal on a warm evening.
The avocado is very healthy for you, the crab mango garnish gives you a bite of something solid to eat your soup with, and it only takes a few simple ingredients to make. It even has its own creaminess without using cream or milk by pureeing the entire mixture in the blender to fill the soup with air and make it thick.
As a side note, if you want a thinner consistency, you can just add more of your chosen broth. You can also garnish with as much crab and mango as you feel comfortable with.
- 3 Avocados
- 3 Cups of Broth (Chicken or Vegetable)
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice (or Lime Juice)
- 1/3 Cup Cilantro Leaves
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- Pinch of Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Crab and Mango Garnish
- First, you’re going to combine all of your ingredients except for the garnish inside your Vitamix blender. Next you want to blend the entire mixture until it is smooth and the exact consistency you want.
- After you have blended the soup, be sure to chill it for about 2 hours in the fridge. Cover it first and then wait for the soup to become the perfect temperature. I highly recommend starting the soup several hours before dinner to be sure.
- With the soup chilled, you can serve with a topping of crab and mango and enjoy!