There is nothing better during hot weather than a cool fruit smoothie, and there are no two fruit tastier than strawberry and kiwi. When you join strawberry with kiwi into an icy smoothie, you really do get the best of both worlds.
Today I am going to give you the best strawberry kiwi smoothie recipe with ice. The smoothie is fresh, delicious, and it only takes a few minutes to make. If you want instant relief on a hot and humid day, turn to a strawberry smoothie. And while we are mainly talking about a strawberry kiwi smoothie, you can join strawberries with almost any other fruit to create a great beverage!
You can even turn a strawberry Kiwi smoothie into a milkshake or into ice cream, both of which are tasty and refreshing on a hot day. By using unsweetened almond milk and nonfat yogurt, you add a huge boost of healthy nutrients into your fruit smoothie. As you probably know, strawberries and kiwi come loaded with natural sugar that is way better for you than the processed sugar that you get in a smoothie shop.
If you enjoy this recipe, be sure to keep reading for more information on how to make the best fruit smoothies using strawberry and kiwi. This first recipe is only the tip of the iceberg.
Read More: Can a NutriBullet crush ice?
Basic Strawberry Kiwi Smoothie
This is the most standard strawberry and kiwi recipe out there. It uses only five ingredients and tastes delicious. The blend between strawberry and kiwi is bright and crisp, and it will wake you up and make you feel refreshed no matter the weather. Be sure to plug the gross green bits off your strawberries before freezing them.
- 1 ½ Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 Cups Frozen Strawberries
- 2 Kiwis, Peeled and Thinly Sliced
- ½ Cup Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- As with most smoothies, there is only one step. Pour your almond milk into the blender, add the rest of the ingredients, then proceed to blend until the entire mixture is smooth and delicious. You can then serve immediately.
Strawberry Kiwi Smoothie with a Twist
In this recipe, we are switching it up a bit by adding banana to the recipe and replacing the almond milk with pineapple juice. This flavor may be a little powerful for some, but I personally love it. You get the bright flavor of the kiwi and strawberries mixed with the thickness and mellow taste of banana, and finally boosted by the bittersweet pineapple juice.
This recipe is an explosion of flavor right in your mouth, and we even use frozen yogurt to add that dessert texture that makes a smoothie so good. This smoothie is thick, icy, and everything you’ve been looking for in an afternoon dessert!
- 1 Banana
- 6 Frozen Strawberries
- 1 Kiwi, Peeled & Sliced
- ½ Cup Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
- ¾ Cup Pineapple Juice
- Place all your hard ingredients into the blender, then pour in your juice and yogurt. Blend on high for about 30 seconds until the mixture is smooth. The final product should look pink and fresh. Enjoy immediately!
Strawberry Kiwi Green Smoothie
Who said strawberry kiwi smoothies only need to be for dessert? This recipe takes what we know about strawberries and kiwis and adds a healthy boost. This recipe is naturally sweet, you can tweak it according to your dietary needs, and it only takes about 5 minutes to put together.
Not only is this recipe a great snack, but you can also serve it for breakfast. You can even freeze it to make popsicles. And if you are feeling artistic, you can make each serving with chunks of fresh fruit that are appealing to the eyes and the stomach. This is the perfect recipe for impressing your friends. And it’s healthier than most!
Keep in mind that this recipe is made for layering, so you will be layering the smoothie with different colors, mostly green with a large splash of pink at the center.
- 3 Kiwi
- 2 Bananas
- 1/3 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 Cup Spinach
- 2 1/2 Cups Milk
- 1 Cup Strawberries
- The first step is to make the kiwi layer. Start by adding 3 kiwis into your blender, 1 banana, 1/3 cup of Greek yogurt, 1 cup of spinach, and 1 cup of milk. You can always use your own preferred milk, whether dairy or nut.
- Now blend all these ingredients until the mixture is smooth and creamy. If your blender is having a difficult time, feel free to add another splash of milk to help the mixture along.
- With this first step complete, you need to pour the blend into glasses. You should get enough out of this recipe to pour into three or four different glasses.
- For the strawberry layer, you need to add 1 full cup of frozen strawberries into the blender with 1 banana and 1 ½ cups of your preferred milk.
- Proceed to blend until the mixture is completely smooth. Again, feel free to add another splash of milk if your blender is having a hard time. As a side note, if your blender is having a hard time with this simple recipe you may want to invest in a more powerful blender like a Vitamix.
- With the second layer blended, pour it over the kiwi layer in the individual glasses. You will now see the appealing pink and green mixture that looks like something from a 5-star restaurant!
Strawberry Kiwi Smoothie Recipe with Ice: Final Thoughts
If you want to make this drink even more appealing in your glasses, I recommend adding slivers of fresh strawberry or kiwi. Yes, they will eventually get soggy on the bottom of your glass, but it looks fantastic. And who cares if you eat a soggy strawberry? It’s just like bobbing for apples!