Everybody loves peanut butter. Peanut butter goes great with chocolate, it goes great with banana, and it definitely goes great in a smoothie. Today we were looking at smoothie recipes with powdered peanut butter as an ingredient. And trust me, you will love them!
There are lots of great uses for peanut butter when it comes to smoothies. Peanut butter can make your smoothie thick and creamy, and it often tastes more like a milkshake than a healthy smoothie. But don’t let that scare you. Peanut butter smoothies are actually very healthy.
In fact, one of the best ways to start the day is with a peanut butter and banana smoothie. This can replace your normal breakfast of oiled bacon and heart-clogging sausage. Even if you prefer cold cereal, a peanut butter smoothie for breakfast is significantly healthier. Plus, it will keep you full going forward through the day.
Not to mention, peanut butter smoothies are quick to make. You can use these as meal replacements when you are extremely busy because it only takes a handful of minutes to make one. It also doesn’t take a lot of ingredients. Using just a bit of fruit, some powdered peanut butter, and a scoop of protein powder, you will start the day totally full!
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Let’s start with a simple peanut butter banana smoothie recipe. This is a delicious smoothie with a milkshake-like texture. It will fill you full of fiber and protein, keeping your tummy from grumbling all the way until lunch. You can include some oats for extra crunch, and you can substitute the peanut butter for almond butter, cashew butter, sunflower butter, or even pecan butter if you really want – though it is tough to find these other butters in powdered form.
You can also use any type of milk you prefer. Almond milk, rice milk, soy milk, oat milk, and even coconut milk are all great additions to this recipe. You can even add cocoa powder if you want to make a chocolaty peanut butter banana smoothie!
Oh yeah, and this recipe is also vegan, gluten-free, and soy-free!
- 2 Frozen Bananas
- 2 Tablespoons Powdered Peanut Butter
- 1 ½ Cup Milk (Your Choice)
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/3 Cup Rolled Oats for Topping
- Pinch of Sweetener (Optional)
- One Scoop Protein Powder (Optional)
- All you need is to put all these ingredients into your powerful blender and blend until the mixture is smooth. This includes everything except the rolled oats, which I recommend you grind into a powder and then sprinkle on top of the smoothie once it is in your glass.
- You can drink this smoothie immediately or store it inside the refrigerator for one or two days before it will spoil.
- If you want the smoothie to be thicker, be sure to add an extra frozen banana. You can always taste the smoothie when it is complete, and if you want it thicker just throw another banana in there and blend again.
Peanut Butter Blueberry Smoothie
Here is a combination you may not be familiar with. This is definitely my second favorite peanut butter smoothie, and you are going to use a mixture of peanut butter powder, cinnamon, and blueberry to make an outstanding drink that will definitely surprise you.
This smoothie is rich in flavor, it has very few calories, and it allows you to use your powdered peanut butter. The smoothie also looks purple and delicious, and anyone who sees you drinking it will want a sip!
But where this smoothie really steals the show is with the cinnamon. This is everyone’s favorite spice, but it works especially well with the peanut butter and blueberry flavors. This may be a strange ingredient combination, but it is going to knock you out of your socks.
- ¼ Cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/3 Cup Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
- 3 Tablespoons Peanut Butter Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Frozen Blueberries
- 1 Frozen Banana (Already Peeled & Sliced)
- First add your Greek yogurt, your almond milk, your cinnamon, your peanut butter powder, and your protein powder into your blender and blend on high speed for about 10 seconds. You want to blend until your powder has mixed properly with your liquids to create a nice smoothie paste.
- Now add the banana and blueberries to your blender and blend for another 10 seconds or 15 seconds until the smoothie is creamy and smooth.
- Enjoy right away for the best results.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
Everyone knows chocolate and peanut butter go together amazingly. And you know what else works with chocolate and peanut butter? That’s right, banana! This fantastic recipe combines chocolate with peanut butter and banana to give you a satisfying healthy beverage that tastes just like a chocolate milkshake.
The best part about this smoothie is how truly healthy it is. You are going to use spinach for an extra boost of nutrients, along with one cup of your preferred milk. Be sure that you can use dairy or almond, or even coconut milk for this recipe.
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Honey
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Spinach
- 3 Ice Cubes
- Place all your ingredients inside your blender and blend on high speed until the smoothie is silky and frothy. You want to ensure there are no flakes of spinach in the mixture.
- Serve immediately to enjoy the chilled deliciousness of this chocolate peanut butter smoothie.
Smoothie Recipes with Powdered Peanut Butter: Notes
Besides being absolutely delicious, this smoothie is going to deliver about 16 grams of protein in a single glass. If you want more of the health benefits from the spinach, feel free to add more. Spinach condenses very easily, and if you don’t mind the subtle taste, it’s worth adding a few more leaves!