The wild berry real fruit smoothie from McDonald’s is all the rage right now. This smoothie is crispy and fresh, it’s cold and thick, and it makes a real treat on any day. Even in cold weather, people can’t get enough of the wild berry fruit smoothie. And today I’m going to teach you the McDonald’s wild berry smoothie recipe.
While of course we can’t get the full ingredients and instructions from the restaurant giant, as that would be absolute madness, I can teach you how to make your own smoothie using your own ingredients that tastes basically identical.
If you have yet to try one of the smoothies from McDonald’s and think only of their McCafe in terms of coffee and espressos, you definitely want to go out and try one. The big difference between what’s made at McDonald’s and what you will make today using this recipe is the term “real.”
Many people feel a little uncomfortable when restaurants like this put the word real in front of anything. Chances are they do put real fruit into their smoothie, but just exactly much is unknowable. You can also bet the amount of sugar and preservatives inside of the real fruit smoothie from McDonald’s is a little too much for any health enthusiast.
The recipe we will talk about today is going to be much healthier. For example, check out these nutritional facts for the wild berry fruit smoothie from McDonald’s. Each smoothie comes only with about 2 grams of protein, 210 calories, 30 milligrams of sodium, and 44 grams of sugar. As you can see, there is not much going in terms of actual nutrition.
Today we will make this recipe using our own ingredients that will taste fantastic while having less sugar and more nutritional content.
Read More: What are the healthiest berries you can eat?
Wild Berry Smoothie Recipe
If you have been craving a wild berry smoothie, this is it. If you love the smoothie from McDonald’s but don’t like all the sugar, just make it at home. This smoothie is cheap, the ingredients are widely available, and you can make it in just a few minutes.
We’re going to use a combination of pineapple, wild berry, and orange juice to make a phenomenal smoothie that tastes like chilled heaven. It even looks a lot like the smoothie that comes from McDonald’s, only I feel like ours has a stronger color and a cleaner taste.
Everything we use in this recipe is fresh, healthy, and extremely satisfying. I guarantee that once you have mastered the wild berry smoothie, you will go crazy trying to match it with other unique recipes using berries and similar ingredients. Just like the blueberry yogurt smoothie!
- 1 Cup Pineapple Chunks
- ½ Cup Blackberries
- 5 Strawberries
- ½ Cup Raspberries
- ½ Cup Wild Blueberries
- 1 Cup Orange Juice
- 3 Ounces Berry Yogurt
- Handful of Ice Cubes
- It doesn’t take much to make this smoothie. Add all your ingredients into your powerful blender and blend on a high speed until the mixture is smooth and you have the perfect texture.
- If you would like a thicker consistency, you can add more fruit or more juice. Just don’t forget to blend again for another few seconds to bring your extra ingredients into the mixture.
- Serve this smoothie chilled in a glass, and garnish with mint leaf or fresh blueberries for a satisfying presentation.
Triple Berry Smoothie Recipe
If the previous recipe doesn’t quite do it for you, we have another one, don’t worry! The triple berry smoothie is very similar to the previous one and also very similar to the wild berry smoothie from McDonald. It’s the same delicious berry flavor, the same beautiful red consistency, but it has an even sweeter taste. I suggest trying both to satisfy your thirst for a cold berry beverage.
- ½ Cup Water
- ½ Cup Red Grapes
- ½ Cup Plain Yogurt
- ½ Cup Frozen Strawberries
- ½ Cup Frozen Blueberries
- ½ Cup Frozen Raspberries
- The first step is to add all your ingredients into your powerful blender. Secure the lid and start blending on a low speed. Then increase to a higher speed and blend for a full minute.
- Don’t stop blending until you have reached your desired consistency. If necessary, be sure to use the tamper to press the ingredients deeper into the blades.
- Serve chilled and enjoy.
- As a side note, be sure to let your frozen fruit thaw at normal room temperature for roughly 10 minutes before you start the blend. And if you don’t like using yogurt, you can replace the yogurt with whatever kind of milk you want.
Read More: How to make a smoothie thicker
McDonald’s Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
If you’ve had enough of berries by now, it’s time to try out another great smoothie recipe from McDonald’s. We are now going to try to imitate the strawberry banana smoothie that has been one of the favorites at McDonald’s for a long time.
You are going to be extremely surprised by how simple this recipe is. It may not be quite as sweet as the smoothie that you get at the restaurant, but it does taste remarkably similar. It also uses only two ingredients plus a bit of crushed ice. And I bet you can guess what those ingredients are!
Keep in mind that if you want to make this recipe a bit more interesting, you can add a variety of different greens, like kale or spinach, and you can add yogurt. If you want a sweeter and more sugary taste, add your own preferred sweetener, add a touch of honey, or add a scoop of flavored yogurt or strawberry ice cream.
- 1 Cup Crushed Ice
- ½ Cup Banana
- 10 Ounces Strawberries
- Blend all three of your ingredients until you have a silky smoothie ready to be devoured.
- Serve and enjoy!
Read More: 4 delicious Smoothie King recipes