Your Vitamix blender can handle any kind of task you throw at it. You can make smoothies, milkshakes, protein drinks, and you can even juice fruits and vegetables. But when the heat of the summer becomes stifling, you may want to take on a strawberry sorbet recipe to beat the heat.
The best strawberry sorbet recipe requires only two ingredients. It doesn’t require an ice cream maker, you don’t need to do any churning, and the entire recipe can be completed quickly and simply. All you need for this great recipe are frozen strawberries and pure maple syrup.
Tossing these two ingredients into your blender will yield a delicious frozen sorbet that you can enjoy in the summer or winter as a chilling treat. This is a sophisticated dessert that you can make at home to impress your friends or to satisfy your children. You can make it frozen or you can eat it soft immediately. It’s totally up to you.
How to Make Strawberry Sorbet in a Vitamix – Use the Right Strawberries
Making the best strawberry sorbet all comes down to using the best strawberries. This is one of the tastiest treats to use when strawberries are in peak season. You can of course make homemade sorbet using any kind of frozen fruit, but strawberries are simply the best. These are definitely my favorite fruits.
Strawberries are naturally sweet, they are like nature’s candy, and they are good for you. Strawberries are high in vitamin C and an excellent source of folate. To freeze your strawberries for this recipe, simply wash and dry, remove the stems and leaves, then lay them on a baking sheet and stuff them in the freezer. Once frozen, you can keep them stored in a freezer-safe bag or another container to save space.
When selecting the perfect strawberries for a delicious sorbet, you want to find strawberries that are fresh, shiny, and firm. Your strawberries should have a bright red color rather than a dull, almost crimson color. You want the caps to be fresh, green, and fully intact. And always avoid shriveled or leaking strawberries.
Pairing Wine with Your Strawberry Sorbet
One of my favorite ways to enjoy a fresh strawberry sorbet is with a cool glass of white wine. There is no better way to start off the summer season than by blending your own strawberry sorbet at home and then pouring a glass of white wine. Sit on the veranda, enjoy the freshness, and simply relax.
This is one of the best combinations if you’re having a small get-together. To make a larger batch of strawberry sorbet in your Vitamix blender, simply double or triple the ingredients as needed. Just be sure that you freeze the final result for about an hour in the freezer so that you can present your guests with the best possible results. Then be sure to serve everyone a small bowl of strawberry sorbet with a chilled glass of white wine.
Strawberry Sorbet Blender Recipe
Here is the recipe for a standard strawberry sorbet dessert. This recipe is vegan, it only uses fresh fruit and maple syrup, and it goes great with basically everything. You can even replace the strawberries for mangoes if you want to try something new and exciting.
- 2 Cups Frozen Strawberries
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- Blend together your frozen strawberries and maple syrup, starting on a low setting and gradually increasing the speed. Be sure that you use the tamper to push the strawberries deeper into the blades to get a better blend.
- Blend for a total of about 30 to 60 seconds, or until you reach the desired consistency. Be sure that you taste the mixture to ensure sweetness. If you want it sweeter, add more maple syrup.
- Once complete, transfer to the freezer and freeze for about 2 hours. You want to freeze your sorbet on a sheet, dividing portions into small round scoops with a spoon. Be sure not to over-freeze or it won’t have the same flavor.
- What are some of the best things to make in a Vitamix?
- Making sorbet in a Vitamix blender
- How to make vanilla ice cream in a Vitamix
Strawberry Banana Sorbet Recipe
To spice things up a little bit, we are now going to make a strawberry banana sorbet. This recipe blends pretty much the same as the last one, but it has an extra flavor kick thanks to the banana. It also has a more refreshing texture with the added banana.
To make this recipe, you want to slice your strawberries and your bananas flat on a baking sheet before you freeze them. You will then need to freeze the strawberries and bananas for about one hour, until the point where they are cold but not completely frozen like a block of ice.
- 3 Cups Strawberries
- 2 Bananas
- 1 Lemon
- The first step is to slice your strawberries and bananas, place them on a baking sheet, then leave them in the freezer for about an hour. To save you a bit of time, I always recommend having some banana slices and strawberry slices already frozen in a freezer-safe bag. This is especially handy if you make a lot of smoothies and frozen desserts.
- Once everything is frozen, place all the ingredients into your powerful Vitamix blender, including the lemon juice from a single lemon, then continue to blend on a high setting.
- You want to keep blending until the mixture is a smooth, icy texture. Be sure to scrape the sides of the container when necessary to push the ingredients deeper into the blades.
- Now you can serve this strawberry banana sorbet soft directly out of the blender or you can put it in the freezer for about an hour to make it firm. I always recommend making the sorbet firm, as it becomes more similar to what you would purchase in the store.
As a side note, you can replace the bananas or strawberries with any kind of fruit you want to experiment with different recipes.