There’s nothing better than an icy lemon sorbet on a hot summer day. And that’s why today we’re going to learn how to make lemon sorbet with a Vitamix blender. Vitamix blenders are extremely powerful, they are relatively affordable, and they can make you an unlimited supply of frozen desserts using just a handful of ingredients.
Lemon sorbet in particular is extremely refreshing. This is a light and simple treat for any hot summer day. It only takes a few steps to make, and you’ll probably like it so much that you will make one every single day, all summer long! You might even think about peddling them on the street to thirsty neighbors.
Our first lemon sorbet recipe works using ice and a simplistic syrup base, plus fresh lemon juice and fresh lemon zest. This is going to make the sorbet extremely flavorful. The total crafting time is about 10 minutes, and then you can be sitting on the patio with your friends enjoying a delicious lemon sorbet. But first, how good are lemons for you?
Read More: What is the best selling Vitamix model?
Health Benefits of Lemons
Lemons are definitely not as healthy for you as bananas or blueberries, but they do have a few health benefits that make them better than eating raw ice cream! Lemons are mostly good for adding a powerful flavor to your dish, but they’re also pretty high in vitamin C. A lot of people don’t know that lemons actually have roughly the same amount as vitamin C than an orange has.
Vitamin C is of course great for your immune system. But lemons also can promote hydration, they can improve the quality of your skin, they can aid in digestion, they can help to prevent kidney stones, and finally, lemons freshen your breath. There’s nothing like a bowl of lemon sorbet to give you some fresh lemon breath!
Read More: How much juice is in one lemon?
Lemon Sorbet Recipe
This is a super fresh lemon sorbet recipe that involves just a little bit of cooking. We’re going to make a delicious lemon mixture and then add it with ice into your Vitamix blender to create your perfect summer sorbet.
The result is a simple lemon sorbet that tastes crispy and fresh without being too sweet or too tart. It’s the perfect relaxing beverage for a sultry afternoon sitting outside with a book. It’s not overly healthy for you, but it’s definitely a fun dessert that you and the whole family can enjoy.
- ½ Cup Lemon Juice
- ½ Cup Water
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 4 Cups Ice
- The first thing to do is to combine your freshly squeezed lemon juice, water, sugar, and lemon zest into a small pot. You then need to simmer on low heat until all the sugar has dissolved. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Turn the stove off and allow the mixture to cool until it has reached room temperature.
- Now transfer your mixture into your powerful Vitamix blender and add the four cups of ice. Continue to blend until the mixture is smooth and icy. It shouldn’t take any more than 60 seconds.
- You can serve the sorbet immediately or freeze it in the freezer for about an hour or two to make more solid.
Read More: Vitamix ice cream recipes
Orange Sorbet Recipe
If lemon isn’t your favorite, maybe try a delicious orange sorbet. This recipe only requires your blender, a few oranges, and a bunch of ice cubes. The result is a fresh orange dessert that tastes just like your favorite orange frozen yogurt.
- 3 Medium Oranges
- 2 Strips Orange Zest
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 4 Cups Ice Cubes
- Place all your ingredients into your Vitamix blender and then firmly secure the lid.
- Begin blending on the lowest speed and then gradually increase until you reach the highest speed. You will need to use the tamper to press the ingredients deeper into the blades.
- Continue blending for about 60 seconds, or until your orange sorbet is a nice icy texture. If you blend for too long, you may accidentally melt your sorbet.
- Keep in mind that before peeling your orange, you should use a peeler on the outside to acquire your strips of orange zest. Also, you may need to adjust how much ice goes into your frozen dessert based on how large your oranges are.
Blueberry Lemon Sorbet
Let’s add lemon and blueberry to make a delicious blueberry lemon sorbet. You get the same fresh flavor as standard lemon sorbet, except you add a delicious hint of blueberry. It’s soft, subtle, and a fantastic dessert to enjoy on any hot day. Plus, blueberries are extremely healthy for you. This is much better than anything you purchase in the store or at the dessert shop!
- 3 Cups Blueberries
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- ¼ Cup Lemon Juice
- ½ Cup Water
- 4 Cups Ice Cubes
- Be sure that you wash your blueberries before starting this recipe. Once your blueberries are washed, you can add all the rest of your ingredients into your Vitamix blender.
- Now start blending on a low setting and then gradually increase the speed until you have reached the highest setting. It shouldn’t take longer than 60 seconds to completely blend the mixture.
- You can either serve immediately or store the sorbet in the freezer for about two hours to make the dessert firmer.
Read More: Does lemon juice go bad?
How to Make Lemon Sorbet with a Vitamix: Final Thoughts
You can switch out blueberries, lemon, and oranges for whatever type of fruit you’re interested in turning into a delicious sorbet. The rest of the ingredients are very similar. A bit of water, a few cups of ice cubes, zest, and your chosen fruit. This will always yield you a delicious frozen dessert.
While many people like to use an ice cream maker to churn out a final result that looks a lot more like store-bought sorbet, it’s really not necessary. You can just put your final mixture in the freezer and allow it to freeze for a couple of hours.
Read More: Lemon peel benefits