Everybody loves a good bowl of tomato soup, no matter what season it is. Tomato soup is creamy, it is crispy, and it is good either hot or cold. You really can’t go wrong when making your own tomato soup recipe at home.
There are tons of different variations for tomato soup recipes, but today we’re going to run through some of the simplest tomato soup recipes you can make in your Blendtec blender. Running to the nearest store and buying a bowl of tomato soup is all well and good, but you don’t get the same feeling as when you make it yourself in your own blender, and in your own kitchen!
This is actually a great recipe for people who grow tomatoes at home in their own gardens. There is no better use for your crop of tomatoes than turning them into delicious tomato soup for you and the whole family to enjoy. And you can enjoy it faster with this first recipe since it doesn’t take very long to complete.
It’s easy too! The entire recipe from start to finish will take about an hour, and that includes the time to cook the tomatoes and the onions to get that perfect flavor. If you have issues with sodium, this recipe is catered for people who prefer low amounts of sodium in their tomato soup. You probably already know that canned soup comes with way too much sodium, but that is not the case when you make the stuff at home yourself.
That is really the bonus of making anything yourself at home. You have total control over what ingredients go into your soup – you use raw vegetables and other raw ingredients and you know the exact nutritional value of what you’re eating. Once you try these 2 Blendtec Tomato Soup Recipes, you will never buy a can of soup again.
Read More: Homemade tomato juice recipe
Blendtec Tomato Soup Recipes: Quick & Easy Tomato Soup
This is one of the easiest tomato soup recipes. It includes only 5 ingredients, plus the basil and a pinch of salt and pepper. You can make it easily in under an hour, and it has a large serving size full of good calories, low sodium, and a truly phenomenal taste.
You can use this tomato soup as a standalone meal, you can add cheese and your own particular garnish for extra flavor, and if you bring it to a party you will definitely be the most popular person there!
- 10 Tomatoes
- 2 Medium Onions
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Basil
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- The first thing to do is half your tomatoes and quarter your onions. Once you have all your tomatoes and onions properly cut, you can add them into a large bowl and throw in your cloves of garlic.
- Now add oil and season to perfection with salt and pepper. You will need to stir this mixture well to coat everything and get it tasting just right.
- Next, pour your vegetables onto a baking sheet and then put them in the oven and roast them at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes straight. This is going to really saturate the vegetables and bring out all their best flavors.
- After 30 minutes, remove the sheet from the oven and let it stand and cool for 5 or 10 minutes.
- Now you can place all the roasted vegetables into your Blendtec blender, add the basil overtop, and blend the entire mixture until smooth and creamy. It should resemble tomato soup by this point.
- Finally, add a pinch of salt and pepper if you feel it necessary, then you can heat the soup on the stove if you want it piping hot. All that’s left is to serve your soup and enjoy it.
Quick & Easy No-Cook Tomato Soup
Cooking tomato soup may not be for everyone. Maybe you don’t have 30 minutes to spare for the cooking process, or maybe you are simply too lazy to do any cooking. But not to fear, as I have for you now a quick and easy tomato soup recipe that requires no cooking at all.
The only thing you need for making this delicious tomato soup is your powerful Blendtec blender. Simply put in the ingredients, turn on the blender, and let the friction of the blades do the rest of the work for you. This soup is rich and creamy, and it doesn’t require a drop of dairy.
In fact, this recipe only requires a few ingredients from your pantry, and it only takes a handful of ingredients to make.
- ¼ Cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove
- ½ Onion
- ½ Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ½ Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Slice White Bread (No Crusts)
- 1 Can Peeled Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Water
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- Minced Basil
- Start by combining the olive oil, your half onion, your garlic clove, the oregano, the red pepper flakes, your slice of bread torn into chunks, your cup of water, and your can of peeled tomatoes along with the juices into your powerful Blendtec blender.
- Turn on the blender at its lowest setting and then gradually increase the speed until you hit maximum. You then need to blend your soup until it is steaming hot. This can take about four minutes of solid blending. The friction of the blades will heat the soup for you, while at the same time making it smooth and creamy.
- Once your soup is the proper texture, take off the lid and season with salt and pepper until you have the perfect taste.
- If you would like an even smoother soup, you can use a mesh strainer to strain the soup before you serve.
- Don’t forget to add some garnish, which is where the minced basil comes in, before you serve. You may also use other herbs to garnish the soup, and you can drizzle olive oil over it.
- If you don’t want the soup to be hot, you can chill it in the fridge and then serve cold.