When it comes to creamy onion soup, there are almost infinite options to choose from. But today we’re going to look at the best Vitamix creamy onion soup recipe. In fact, we may look at a few different recipes to try and give you a solid idea of what you’re dealing with.
The truth is that these recipes are a little bit more complicated than what you might be used to. Smoothies are easy, ice cream is easy, and even processing dough and batter is relatively easy. I’m not trying to say onion soup is difficult, but it does require several steps.
To get you the best and creamiest onion soup in the world, you are going to need to join your blender with your stove to do a little bit of cooking and a little bit of blending. But this shouldn’t be a problem for anyone who likes a good onion soup.
In this article, I will go over some of the easiest and fastest recipes to make a creamy onion soup using your Vitamix. I shouldn’t have to explain how healthy this is to you, as you undoubtedly know there is nothing better for your body than a quality soup using vegetable broth, fresh vegetables, and your Vitamix blender!
Creamy Potato & Onion Soup
The first recipe today is a potato and onion soup. You are going to use the creaminess of the potatoes mixed with several handfuls of chopped vegetables to create a mouth-watering soup that is great in the wintertime and can be eaten as a full meal.
- 1 ½ Cups Milk
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 2 Small Potatoes (Quartered)
- ½ Cup Chopped Onion
- 1 Carrot (Halved)
- 1 Celery Rib (Halved)
- 1 Cup Cut Cauliflower
- 1 ½ Vegetable Bouillon Cubes
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Cooking Water
- The first step is to cook your potatoes. You can do this in the microwave for about 8 minutes. That will make them warm and squishy and ready for the recipe.
- Second, place your onion, your carrot, your celery, and your cup of cauliflower into a small saucepan and cover with water. You then need to bring the saucepan to a boil. Once the saucepan has boiled, reduce the heat to medium and continue cooking until your vegetables are tender.
- Now it’s time to set aside one full cup of cooked vegetables. At the same time, place the rest of your vegetables with the bullion, the potatoes, and the milk into your Vitamix blender. If you don’t have a Vitamix blender, feel free to use any powerful blender.
- Select variable 1 and begin to slowly blend. You will need to gradually increase the speed until you reach variable 10. After variable 10, switch the blender to high.
- On high mode, blend your entire mixture for about 3 minutes, continuously using the tamper to push the ingredients deeper into the blades.
- After the three minutes, add the cup of your reserved vegetables into the mixture along with your 1/3 cup of water. You can then blend for an additional 5 seconds. Don’t go over the five seconds or you will lose a lot of the chunkiness of this creamy onion soup. If you are not using a Vitamix blender, you may need to blend for 10 or 15 seconds.
Creamy French Onion & Mushroom Soup
This is a refreshing recipe for creamy French onion and mushroom soup. If you have yet to put your Vitamix blender to the test, this recipe will do it. It involves sautéing your onion ingredients while blending the rest of your ingredients until the soup is hot.
This should only take you about 20 or 25 minutes, and you will be left with a massive serving of the best onion and mushroom soup of your life. If you are hoping to entertain a lot of guests with this soup, simply double the ingredients or make two batches. If you have too much in the blender, it may not heat properly within the designated time.
- 1 ½ Cup Peeled & Diced Onions
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/8 Teaspoon Thyme Leaves
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- ¼ Cup Dry Sherry
- 2 Cups Beef Broth
- 1/8 Ounce Dried Mushrooms
- ½ Carrot
- ½ Tablespoon Chia Seeds
- Begin preparation for this recipe by heating a sauté pan on medium heat. You will then need to add oil, onion, and bay leaf into the pan and sauté until everything is golden brown.
- Next add butter, salt, thyme leaves, and pepper. Deglaze the mixture using two tablespoons of your sherry.
- The next step is to add your beef stock, your dried mushrooms, your half carrot, and your chia seeds into your powerful Vitamix blender. Be sure to add them in that exact order before securing the lid.
- Blend on the lowest speed, and gradually increase the speed until you are on the highest setting. Stay on the highest setting for roughly 7 or 8 minutes. You should see heavy steam slipping out from the lid. This means your soup is ready.
- Bring down the speed until it is at variable 2, then add your onion mixture and the rest of your sherry.
- Blend a final time for about 10 seconds. You are then ready to serve your creamy onion and mushroom soup.
Read More: Best blender for making hot sauce
Best Vitamix Creamy Onion Soup Recipe: Final Thoughts
If you wish to spice up the soup a little bit, there are a few additional spices you can use to add a fierce kick to your mushroom soup. I recommend using hot sauce, pepperoncini peppers, or your own preferred spice.
Additionally, if you are not using a powerful Vitamix blender you may have a difficult time heating the soup to its proper temperature. Before beginning this recipe, make sure your blender has the ability to heat soup in the first place!